Strengthening neck muscles will contribute to overall functional strength. Some benefits:
- Improved posture due to increasing symmetry in muscle strength throughout the neck
- Protection against injury as it has been shown that serious concussions can be prevented with a stronger neck;
- Improved sports performance through increased breathing quality as well as increased static and dynamic balance.
With the Trideer Pilates Ball, you can incorporate the isometric exercises outlined below which will help you increase neck muscles’ endurance and strength.
1. Extend neck through a chin tuck and hold this position against the ball for 30 seconds.
2. Apply pressure through your forehead into the ball and hold this position against the ball for 30 seconds.
3/4. Challenge your lateral flexion and neck rotator muscles through placing the ball on either side of your head and hold this position against the ball for 30 seconds.
If you'd like to purchase a ball for yourself, head over here. As an Amazon Associate, Rehabilitation Health earns from qualifying Amazon purchases.