Increase Hip Strength and Stability with the Four Way Hip
The Four Way Hip exercise is excellent for stability on your stance leg and really strengthening your moving leg. Check it out in the video below and read on for exercise details!
1. Get started by fastening one end of the TheraBand securely to the table leg or in a door jam (it should be at floor height).
2. Make a loop for your ankle and put it through.
3. Kick your leg out to the side for several reps.
4. Rotate your body 90 degrees and kick in the same direction for several reps.
5. Rotate your body another 90 degrees and kick in the same direction for several reps.
6. Repeat the rotation until you have completed each of the 4 different directions.
Something helpful to keep in mind is that you are always kicking in the same direction, it is only your body that is rotating. If you feel unsteady, feel free to grab some sort of poll for support. Also, you can head over here to purchase some TheraBand's for yourself. As an Amazon Associate, Rehabilitation Health earns from qualifying Amazon purchases.
Leave a comment