Our hips play a crucial role for our bodies in that they provide stability to the leg while walking, running, or performing any task which requires only one foot to the ground. Strong hip muscles can help prevent injury throughout the body, and conversely, weak hip muscles can cause problems in a lot of places!
The exercise in the video below is a great way to strengthen your hips using the Rainbow Mini Loop Bands!
1. To start, place the band slightly above your knees and lie flat on the floor with your arms at your side.
2. Then bend your knees and do a posterior pelvic tilt (i.e. engage your lower core and ensure back is flat on the ground).
3. Next, lift your hips off the ground so that you are in a bridge position.
4. From here, you can pulse your hips out about 3 times and really get some good resistance.
5. Return down to reset your hips.
If you'd like to purchase the Rainbow Mini Loops for this exercise, head over here. As an Amazon Associate, Rehabilitation Health earns from qualifying Amazon purchases.